In my view volatility is likely to stay elevated.
Strategy for long term balanced accounts should include:
- Holding more than your usual cash allocation. Buying opportunities will come to you.
- Diversification..equity/fixed/absolute return/commodities....currency...growth/value....large/small....geographically...
- Beware certain illiquid plays....unless very long term views
- Watch out maturity mismatch e.g short term funds in long term assets
- Extra layer of due diligence on individual names
Wtih all investment choices in the short term you also need good luck.