Welcome to the Mortgage and General Insurance zone!
On a point of clarification this area is for advisers who focus just on mortgages and/or protection business (OK with a bit of B & C thrown in for good measure). If you do this sort of business AND IFA work by all means have a look around but you are probably better off in the IFA zone.
Like the IFA world, mortgages don''t escape regulatory change – MMR being the most obvious example. We''re here to help. Please feel free to browse the services we offer but do remember that if it''s easier to chat things through then please do contact Charlie Palmer 01242 807010 firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need the FCA licence in order to advise on mortgages?
if yes then...
IFAC specialise in getting licences for firms to be offer mortgages.
And the FCA fee is approximately £175 pm - payable ONLY on authorisation - no foal no fee!
We will help you to build the following documents for your firm.
You need all these documents and we provide them within the price above.
- Controller application and authorisation
- Organogram / staff tree
- Biz Plan
- Certificates to demonstrate Fit and Proper
- Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Accounts forecasts for business plan
- Treating Customers Fairly policy - TCF
- Risk Register
- Professional Indemnity Insurance if required
- Anti Money Laundering documentation
- Financial Crime T&C and policies
- Data protection policies
- Whistleblowing procedures
- Procedure manual
- T&C manual
- Compliance Manual
- IT Self Assessment
- Individual Capital Adequacy Assessment where required
- Complaints procedure
- Corporate Governance
- Accounts for past years trading to show fit and proper
- Conflict of Interest policy
- Request for Information documentation
- An example of your work (if requested)
- Credit agreements off the shelf or tailor made
- Biz continuity plan / disaster recovery plan
The FCA normally ask for confirmation that you have these processes in place or request sight of them.
We build them for you and make them available to you and to the FCA.
We will work with you as if we were you and the work it will involve for you is limited to the following:
Give us your latest accounts
Give us sufficient information to build the above for you and for the FCA
A number of phone calls –usually only a few- to check minor information eg NI number etc that is normally done over a day when you are in the office.
The online application form can be found here: http://ifac.eu/ifac-member-agreement-application-form
If you complete we will send you a confirmation email shortly after that and start work on it immediately.
Please call 01242 80 70 10 for more information
The process normally takes a couple of months from start to finish, but we are optimistic that it would be done within a couple of weeks in the current climate at time of writing